Friday, June 5, 2020

The Cure


Well look at that. I finished that sock I was complaining about yesterday and started the second. All it took was a 92 degree day with high humidity to slow The Mister down. I had plenty of me time yesterday.



I also finished my audiobook while I got a few more "points" on the Pimpeliesse.



I did not work on Mosi. It was too hot for a lap full of wool. I did try on the sleeve though and I wish I had of done so sooner. I think I could have skipped a few of the arm decreases. It's a bit tight. I am NOT ripping it back. It fits over a long sleeved shirt so I am just going to take it as a lesson learned with sleeves.




I even got a little spinning done with some TV time. This summer might be my salvation. I usually hate the heat and humidity but this year it just might be working in my favor.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects. I especially like the color of the socks. So pretty.

    Glad you could eke out some "ME" time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that sock yarn color and I need to start another Pimpeliesse. I always enjoy making them and they make great gifts. Pretty colors on your spinning too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice projects! I did a little cross stitch last night, but so soon I was sticky. This heat is not my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can agree with you; the summer heat doesn't touch me inside! So there! Your projects are beautiful-nice boost of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your projects are marvelous! I too have a sweater that I don't want to pick back up and knit in the heat. What is that colorful sock yarn in the first photo? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the yarn I dyed myself the day of the MDSW. I call it my Pandemic colorway. Lol...although since my sister and her husband got it I don't think it's very funny anymore.

      Delete
  6. The cheddar-yellow stripes make the socks cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the stuck indoors time when it's sunny out, but it is nice to have the time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, have some thin thin thin yarn from Mexico I could sen you. I know zach meant well, but you can't knit with this stuff. ? Weaving?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have to see it. Sounds like something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a productive day! :) Your spinning looks interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are so beautiful. Have fun knitting, it is a great way to relieve stress with all that is going on. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the socks! So glad you got some Me Time knitting done and since I'm reading posts backwards, I won't comment further. :)

    ReplyDelete