Monday, June 29, 2020

Reeling


Remember this? I bought it not really knowing what it was. 



Yesterday I found out.



It's a cute little knitted tube that's been dyed all willy nilly.




It's not two strands together as I had hoped. It's just one. It's kinky and it's weird. It doesn't feel like Hawthorne at all to me. 




The little reel stays together pretty well but I wouldn't trust it in a project bag. It fits nicely in a food container with a lid though. It was fiddly at first but when I got used to it I liked it. In fact, I just bought two more. They are on sale.

11 comments:

  1. I don't remember those and I don't think I've ever seen one before either. Pretty interesting.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look interesting...the kinkiness might bother me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve knit with sock blanks but not reels. The kinks were weird at first but they came out in the end. I think I’d like the reels better than the blanks as far as how the color is dispersed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel bad - I think I told you it was 2 yarns knit together into the reel. Most sock blanks are that way, I believe. I'm trying very hard not to go purchase a few for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I'm so glad you shared with us!!!!
    I think making I-Cord on my little knitting spool will work to try it-but that would be miles of winding! lol I will go and check out KnitPicks!
    Beautiful and fun-perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of like a sock black, but skinnier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bought "flats" of knitted yarn for socks, but I've never seen these! I am curious to see how it looks knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat. It will be fun to see how it knits up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting...I had no idea! Learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also bought such a reel to try! ;) Liana

    ReplyDelete