I was on a mission this week. I needed to identify all the handspun in my bins so I could pull out what I needed for the Garter Squish. I had finished two cakes of yarn and needed to get a plan.
Out of all three bins I had only put the label back on to two of them. TWO. I am terrible at organizing my stash. I should be ashamed.
Some of the caked up yarn had a post-it stuck in the middle with the details. I spent several days hunting down the information on the rest of them using my blog posts and my Ravelry project pages.
It was an eye opening experience. I had no idea I had spun so many different breeds. There was Manx, Falkand, Bond, Gulf Coast, Punta and Texel along with the usual Merino, Corriedale, Polwarth and Shetland.
After spending hours writing up labels to put on all the skeins I could identify, I certainly won't be making the same mistake with these two Blue-Faced Leicester beauties. From now on the original label goes back on the finished skein or it CAN'T go in the bins.