Friday, September 23, 2022

Friday Fluff


This was one craptastic week on so many levels I won't even begin to go into them. I may one day but not today. 




Today let's talk about fluff. 



Without a working AC the days were warm and humid but the mornings were cool enough to get outside and play with wool. 




I drug out my spinning stuff three mornings in a row and for a few wonderful minutes cranked up a nice little pile of roving which will one day turn into some blended rolags. I haven't got around to spinning any of the ones I've already made yet but it's on the agenda.




What I have been doing is trying to make my way up and down the two levels of steps in the foyer to get them ready for some serious painting. Our steps were only meant to be carpeted when the house was built and they are made from some poor quality pine. When we moved in 30 years ago Mom and I ripped up the burnt orange carpet, sanded them and put a stain and sealer on. Now they look terrible and nothing is going to fix that. I am going to try painting them and if that fails I'll be calling the carpet guy-as much as I hate the idea. 





 

4 comments:

  1. I understand weeks like that, really I do. I'm imagining petting those wonderful rolags. Since I'm pretty sure my back will never let me sit at a spinning wheel again, I'll live vicariously through you!
    We finally have some nice cool weather after it was 100F on Tuesday and boy, I'm enjoying it. I'm still torn on carpeting our bedrooms. If we're going to move soon, I'm not spending that money. If I'm going to die here, I want carpet in my bedroom for the freezing winters here. :-)
    Hope Friday is a better day for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a runner carpet and cut what we needed for steps and put it down with double face tape. Our steps are pine with open backs...and would get slippery when your shoes had moisture...plus we had an old dog who needed secure footing...it has worked well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I had a great week either.... I think the stairs will look fresh painted--be sure to use an oil based enamel to last so it is the last time you have to paint them! lol The fluff looks beautiful--enjoy spinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's going to be the same for our stairs. I'm not sure how good the wood is, because after we took the hideous carpet off, we were left with A LOT of dried glue. It's all going to have to be scraped off... my plan is to paint the treads dark brown, and the risers white (to match the trim around the house).

    Hopefully your plan works for you, and mine for me!

    ReplyDelete