My DIY framing kit has arrived.
It's for the Needles and Pins sampler. I paid a lot of money for it and I'm a bit intimidated. I'm not very good at this sort of thing.
I'm working up to it slowly by faux framing some of my ancient projects with that foam core I bought.
This is an oldie but goody that for some reason I used masking tape on the edges. It was a good thing I had plenty of fabric because that tape was not coming off. I had to cut it off.
With the help of some string and a thumbtack it found a home over my collection of project bags in the sewing room. It hadn't seen the light of day in ten years or more.
I also gave Sheep Virtues a good steaming and a tighter stretching. The double faced tape did a good job of smoothing out any wrinkles. It works like those sticky sheets they sell for needlework. You can move the piece around until you get it just right.
It took some doing to get it centered but it was worth it. It looks so much better now. It did have a place to be and it looks so good there that one day I just might have to get a real frame for it. All I'd have to do is pop it in. The hard work has been done.