Friday, June 19, 2020

Knit Not


I don't feel like I am devoting much time to knitting these days but I am getting things done. Like sleeves. I flew through the re-do. 



I've got this much yarn left for the second sleeve and I'm feeling pretty good about everything but the Asphalt Heather. I am pretty sure I might have some in the stash but I hope I don't need it. With my luck it won't match.


The latest Pimpeliesse has been badly neglected but I am on the decrease half of the pattern. That ball is also mighty small. Since this is handspun I am really hoping there is no yarn chicken in my future with this project either.



Since the heat and the bugs have arrived there is no more outdoor knit walking at night so my poor socks are gathering dust. I am past the heel on the second and am pretty happy that the colors are still matchy matchy. I was worried that my amateur dye job would make that impossible. I've been there before. 



My knitting has been neglected because what I really want to do with my spare time is work on my puzzle. This one is the hardest yet and I love the challenge. You can't really be thinking of anything else while you are working on it and right now, that's just what this tired old brain needs. 

12 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication to the puzzle. I just don't enjoy doing them.
    I printed out a pattern for a different shawl to start soon but I'll probably end up doing another Pimpeliesse because I just love that pattern and never get tired of it. The shawl makes a great gift.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! Love all the colors in everything. Always surprises me how far I can knit with a tiny ball of yarn...I'm always guessing I will run out and I don't! Hope I didn't just jinx myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything will wait if you want to do a puzzle! lol The sleeve turned out great! (I am pretty sure I have asphalt heather if you do need some)
    Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at how many projects you can keep going at once! Looks like a fun puzzle! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sock yarn you dyed is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like puzzles too and I cannot have one up all the time or that is what I would do all the time:) Hope you win at yarn chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finished sleeve looks wonderful. I can’t believe how quickly you knit colorwork. It would literally take me years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sweater is gorgeous! Such lovely Fair Isle. I can do hats and mittens, but it would take me decades to knit a sweater that complex!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our your sleeve looks amazing. You are so talented . I don't do puzzles but Fireman can get lost in one easily!! they are supposed to be so good for your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your knitting looks amazing, enjoy it and do your puzzle when you want it will all get finished. I wish for no yarn chicken in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the puzzle! Also loving all your projects. Those socks are fantastic! Love the colors. Good luck with the yarns. Hope they hold out and there's no yarn chicken in your future.

    ReplyDelete