Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Out and About


Yesterday's big adventure was a success. 




We even got Pup back out to her favorite park for the first time in months. Unlike our boardwalk, we were pretty much the only ones there so social distancing wasn't an issue. 




The Mister was packed up and ready to go all morning as if were going on a road trip. He was very excited to be getting out of here for even a little while. We brought along everything we thought we'd need to stay safe and then some. 



The Giant's Peapod pick up was a breeze. We just sat in the truck and let the attendant put the bags in the back. 




We have a bit of a drive home so we pulled away, found a shady spot under a tree and packed all the bags in some big secured garbage bags to keep them from blowing away. 




It wasn't a big haul but it did get me some things that I haven't been able to get with delivery. I even have some fresh salsa and fresh guacamole in the fridge (!).



Now that I know what I can get from delivery and what I can get from pick up, meals can get a bit more back to normal. Up until now we've had a weird hodge podge of ingredients to use up. It's been interesting. 

12 comments:

  1. It is strange that we can't get some things on pick-up, yet when I actually went into the store last week for the first time in ages, they had lots of all of the items on the shelves except for hand sanitizer and clorox wipes.
    I'm glad you were able to get out for awhile. I have to admit, the entire time I was at the store I was terrified, but I used hand sanitzer, wiped my cart down, washed my hands at home and used hand sanatizer again. I know I'm doing everything possible but it never seems to be enough.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've done well with the grocery front-most of the time. I'm glad you two got to get out and about and even took pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you two finally got out!! I'm sure it's great for your spirit. Looks like you got some good stuff too.

    Love your masks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve scheduled a pickup this afternoon. I’m looking forward to fresh fruit and veggies. Happy to hear Pup had fun at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your day out was a good experience and Pup got a walk. I would never have thought I would ever need to wear a mask. It's all surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to get out and about. It does lift the spirits. We walk the dog every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to get out and have a nice day. I can't wear a mask so I don't know what my life will be like for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still am not venturing out because of age and immunity. My daughter had to take one of my granddaughters to the doctor last week and she said she came home feeling disoriented and exhausted. Not at all like her normal personality because she's a very active young woman. So much thought goes into a very small task but I am thankful and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love curbside pick up. We hope it continues after COVID is cured!! You two look so cute for your safe outing. Love that pup too

    ReplyDelete
  11. The couple of times I've gone "out" (as opposed to taking a walk or taking the dog for a walk), it's been fine and successful. But I find it's left me a bit exhausted, which I guess is to be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your car looks like ours! We are gettin accustomed to rolling with the punches on groceries:)

    ReplyDelete