Monday, June 15, 2020

More Baby Steps


The Mister was over the moon that that our library book return was finally re-opened Friday. He had two books here he wanted gone. The library itself is opening to curbside pick up for holds in a couple of weeks but he's staying with the Kindle. I don't want any germy books in here. No siree.



Daughter was beside herself with joy that she could get back on the ice again. She's at a friend's private facility that let her buy an hour's worth of ice on Saturday morning to bring in a handful of students under very strict conditions. Her county rink is still closed with no immediate plans for re-opening. At least we aren't using the rinks for morgues anymore. That's progress.




Our water park is still closed. Not a drop of water in it. The beaches are still closed too. Our town and the surrounding areas have added only one Covid case in three weeks so it goes to show that you masks and distancing work. 




Gathering spots are still discouraged. I am very happy that mask wearing and distancing are the rule here, not the exception. Looking at the rising numbers in so many places where the virus has been downplayed is just sad. It's a terrible thing and no one would want it. 




 I miss sitting on those shady chairs......




.....and looking out at the wetlands but until there is a cure or a vaccine I'm staying on my feet. 




5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your daughter is back on the ice even if it's for a limited time. Our state has reopened somewhat but I would estimate only about 1/4 to 1/2 of people are wearing masks when out and about. I haven't shopped much myself but I do drive by stores going to and from the lake and see people going in and out. It really does surprise me. I think I worry even more since my brother died and I can't believe people are so blase' about it.
    I'm glad you're staying safe and being careful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our library's drop box finally opened too - it was good to return a book that had been sitting on my kitchen table for3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, so many places are still so empty--it is strange to see. Stay safe, you are on the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people here seem to think wearing a mask is a violation of their rights, but I continue to wear mine and plod on. I dread the day when the University students return for in-person classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so lucky to have open spaces to look at, and nature to enjoy during this time. I felt very sad today and then a friend I haven't talked to in a year, left me a message. It was so great to connect with her. We are still living in a very strange atmosphere of a virus that we can't see, prejudice we cannot not see, and a small percentage of elderly people who have seen it all before.

    ReplyDelete