Monday, June 8, 2020

Kinky Balls


Knitters know what this means. Something's been ripped back. Way back.




I said I wasn't going to to do it but I did. I ripped out the sleeve of the Mosi. I like my sweaters to be a big warm hug but I don't want to squeeze into anything so I might as well just get it over with. It's not like I will be needing a warm sweater anytime soon.




This is the before picture. You can see how rapidly the sleeve decreased. I thought I followed directions. I charted it out. Maybe I just like my sleeves floppier than most. The clue should have been when I had to switch from knitting in the round to Magic Loop. That's my new rule. If my sleeve can't fit on my little circulars, it can't fit on me. 

10 comments:

  1. I know it's a bummer to rip out (especially colorwork), but if it didn't fit like you want, you'd never wear it. Nobody needs annoying clothing. Hope the reknit goes quickly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew as soon as I saw the color of those yarn balls that it was the Mosi sleeve. As much as it hurts to think of you ripping out all of that beautiful knitting, it was probably for the best. It needs to be comfortably wearable or why bother? You are a smart woman to realize that. I probably would have kept going and then regretted it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! All those beautiful stitches ripped out is such a bummer, but you are right to get it over with and get back on track to a wider sleeve you will love. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has to happen--better now than not so you can't wear your gorgeous work! Good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the re-do is quick! That is such a beautiful sweater, I'm glad you ripped so that you can enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be glad you ripped back in the end. Nothing is worse than putting all that work into something then have it unwearable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are genius with that Pattern. I'd wear it as a vest anyhow. Things on my arms make me kooky. I'm kooky enough. Wrinkle yarn has its own charm . You get to knit it twice and pay once right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be much happier with the sweater with comfortable sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I figured you would frog it, better now than have a sweater you hate:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, thank you! It's been a rough day around here and this post title made me laugh so, thank you! I'm sorry you had to rip the sleeve but I know you'll be much happier with it once you've reknit it. I am So picky about my sleeves. I can't stand floppy or baggy cuffs but they have to be loose enough to push up... but tight enough to stay pushed up...without being floppy when I pull them back down. I'm Very high maintenance when it comes to sleeves.

    ReplyDelete