Friday, May 10, 2019

An Almost FO

 I've been itching to cut this project off the loom for a long time and yesterday I finally did it.



 It's only been on the loom since January.



 I had a bit too much fun with it. It's a very big towel and a very little napkin. I've got to zig zag these seams and then cut it apart before I hem it but that's a job for another day. Today I've got a headache. This humidity and pollen count is killing me.



 I love my new cart. I rolled it right into the stash room and switched it over to my next project that is waiting on the warping board.




It didn't get put on the loom because I think I discovered a boo boo when I was going over the numbers. It's not too late to fix it now but it will be soon. It may take me a day or two to figure this one out though. It's a real head scratcher.

13 comments:

  1. All those numbers look like greek to me! Your weaving is beautiful and looks perfect. Your talents never end. :-)

    I'm sorry about your headache. Things are beginning to bloom around here so the pollen count is going up. I'm beginning to hear lots of sneezing when I'm out in public. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love twills. And thoses colours... Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too confusing for moi!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very pretty weave! The conundrum is good for you so you stay inside to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desperately want one of those little carts and have put one in my shopping cart 48 times.... then take it back out because I really have no need for it. Don't have a space for it to live either. But I really, really want one.
    Your weaving is gorgeous! LOVE that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very big towel is lovely! But no wonder I never tried weaving - math head-scratchers? No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please consider posting how you prepare and then hem the towel/napkin. I'm not a weaver but the process is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do...as soon as I get around to it. I think it may be on the agenda for tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Ohhhhh big towel is my favorite of all towels in 2019! This includes fancy pants towels in the big stores. You got them beat big time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cart, too. Where did you get again? Target?
    Everything that comes off your loom is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikea. I am slowly transforming my house into an Ikea showroom. Lol...

      Delete
  10. Your weaving is just beautiful! Love the colors and I would probably be terrified to make the first cut. Your calculations/chart look like a foreign language to me. Hope the headache is gone by now.

    ReplyDelete