Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Little Knitting

 I wake up early every morning so I can get a row done on all my "hard" projects. Once The Mister gets up and starts talking I can't keep track of anything anymore.  That's the armhole steek on Tracery. I've got to get it to 9 inches. I'm almost there.


 Tracery is a piece of cake compared to the sleeve caps of the Lofoten. I am literally pushing a place marker one stitch at a time down the pattern so I don't have to rip out more than I knit. It's painful but it's starting to look so pretty.



 The stripey twin man socks are at the heel and one of my other stripey socks is finished.



I'm not feeling the love for these two. Hawthorne on the right traveled all the way to Michigan with me but only grew by a few rows. I'm not sure what's going on with the one on the left but maybe it just needs to go in time out until I finish up one or two of the other socks. Sounds like a plan.

12 comments:

  1. Early morning when no one else is up is the Best! Your projects are ALL so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, those sweaters look so difficult. I think I would lose my mind. Everything is so lovely.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a great early morning plan for knitting! The socks are coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had such beautiful socks I would have to wear them with shorts or short pants so everyone could see them and I could all the time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sock on the left in the bottom photo looks a little patriotic with those blue stripey heels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I go to knitting group I always take what I call a "stupid" knit - something I can work on without thinking. Tracery is such a lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, my "early morning" is noon but I can get some serious knitting done at 3 a.m.
    Interesting pooling on the socks. Beautiful knitting as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Difficult knitting and solitude go well together. The striped twin socks look great with the solo sock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each of your knitting projects is beautiful! Those sweaters are fantastic and will be so nice to wear in the fall. The socks are all pretty though the yellow and orange is my favorite. Love seeing these progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some knits you just need a breather from!
    I can't wait to see your finished Tracery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm more of a late night knitter on the difficult stuff. Mornings are farm chores.....lots and lots of farm chores. LOL I don't have anything on the needles that even remotely looks as difficult as your stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I have to admit Fireman gets up before me, has coffee and usually interrupts my post process about a dozen times. Then says, "I already told you that" when I repeat a question. It is comical, and I don't get upset about it. It is a good thing I can write as easily as talk. There is no way he would or could write a blog and certainly not with me peppering him with questions while I wrote!!! Wink, wink, I do think I'm more talented in that particular waY!

    ReplyDelete