Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Piece by Piece

I felt guilty about bringing home all that new quilting material so I dedicated some time to my many WIPs. Daddio's Nine Patch got another row.



 I've been appliqueing some of Daddio's leftover hexies down and now I have six blocks. I want twelve.


I've decided to go ahead and use up his fat quarter stash on these blocks to give them a pieced border. I'd been holding onto them for sentimental reasons but I've got to get over that. My quilting room is like walking into to a Daddio memorial and that's not a good thing.



It's time to get his things finished up and move on to my own things like my Sunflower quilt. I made one more block this week which starts me on my second row. Sadly, all this flurry of activity in the sewing corner is coming to an abrupt halt today. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.




8 comments:

  1. Love all your quilting projects! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddio's reds are going to make a very cheery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finished quilts will still be a memorial to him! And they are a lot more practical than a pile of unused fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By using Daddio's fabric stash and finishing his projects, you are honoring him and his memory - that's a good AND healing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debra, I love all of your quilting projects. It makes me want to be able to sit at my machine again someday. I love all of the blocks you've shared today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are looking so pretty! Those hexies are wonderful and a pieced border should work well with them. Wonderful colors/fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dad did have a way with all those scrappy colors-we now know where you got the knack from, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your projects look great but I really love that nine patch!

    ReplyDelete