Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Little House Cleaning

My outside world looks like this now. We won't be doing much tree work in that muggy field of poison ivy. I tried spraying it with a homemade concoction but it didn't work. It looks healthier than ever. It won the battle but we will be back in the fall.


 Warm weather means it's time to knock down and clean out the outside kitty huts. They don't sleep in them anymore. I've just been putting kitty beds on the front porch where I find them curled up in the morning.



 Scrubbing out those huts is no fun. They are quite buggy. We usually knock them down sooner but since we were leaving town we thought it best not to disrupt the outside kitty's routine.



Now the heating elements are all tucked away for the summer and after today's chores I have to say I miss winter. It's already too buggy and muggy for me.

10 comments:

  1. It's way to muggy here too. My poor lawnmower has succumb to the crazy out of control grass growth here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still snowing here, so it's not muggy but chilly. I'm really for warmer temperatures. The outside kitties are fortunate that you take such good care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good to your outside kitties. That looks like quite a job. I'm sorry it's so buggy and muggy there. We are having absolutely wonderful weather here and I'm enjoying every bit of it. I know the heat will arrive soon and the news guys are already predicting a bad fire season, so smoke too. Yuck!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was muggy at times in VA...I'm dreading that weather up here in PA. Today is grey and moist (and I wish I were home taking a nap).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm telling you... you need to come to Canada. We still get nice hot day, but not THIS early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want muggy! I swear I do! Its cold damp and windy here. BUT we have green all around us now ! No snow in the forecast. Hummingbirds and orioles are back. Time for me to put away all the hot cat beds in our house

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so wonderful that you care for the outside cats and give them such a good life! Really impressive because I know it is a lot of work and can be heartbreaking at times. I spent the morning helping do yard work with my daughter and I could not wait to get home and get a shower and spend the afternoon inside. I am going to struggle with the weather when summer arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's muggy and buggy here too! The kind of muggy that leaves you sweating from simply collecting the mail. And the mosquitoes! I feel like we should wear bee keeper outfits every time we step out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stay away from the poison ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so kind to take care of those kitties.

    ReplyDelete