Friday, May 3, 2019

Corktown

 The Mister and I took our time getting to Detroit. A seven hour trip took ten because I am a rest stop junkie. I never saw one I didn't want to stop at and the Pennsylvania and Ohio Turnpikes have plenty of them. We got to the house about six and was not disappointed. It's in the old Corktown section of Detroit where the houses are all pretty spectacular.



 The place is amazing. It's like staying in a museum.



There are hallways and stairways all over the place. It's huge.


 There are three full bathrooms...



 and four giant bedrooms.



 It's decorated with so many interesting old things I didn't know where to start taking pictures. I've got three glorious days to get more photos so right now I am going to bed. It's been a long day.






9 comments:

  1. Those brick walls!!!! They have my heart. Looking forward to MORE pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonder of a house to stay in for the wedding weekend! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That house looks amazing. I can't wait to see more pictures. Are you and the Mister staying there alone or are more family staying with you? I love that staircase.
    Blesings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you arrived safely! Love all the photos of the place you are staying in . Fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the start of a wonderful adventure. Beautiful and interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you found a great place to stay. Have a fabulous weekend, and take lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete