Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 This is the only tiny needle I've used in the past week. I'm still trying to come to terms with the new darkness my house is shrouded in and all this rain isn't helping. I've been rather mopey.



 I've been using that tiny needle on the rings quilt along with both of my hoops. I keep going back and forth between the two sizes.



In spite of the doom and the gloom going on outside I find this very relaxing.



 I've got the two center blocks finished now. The center motifs are one thing but getting that tiny needle through all those layers of fabric on those rings is not fun. You should see my fingers.




I've also used that same tiny needle to get another block in the nine patch quilt done. I'll be putting on another row this week if I can keep up this pace. Only one more to go. Yippee...

10 comments:

  1. The ring quilt is so pretty! I haven't picked up a tiny needle since before vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are dedicated- but I have to say the results are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been rain, rain, rain here since Saturday. I so need the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wedding ring quilt is simply stunning!!! You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra that quilt is gorgeous! It's one of my favorite quilt patterns and the hand quility makes them even more special. I have hand quilted two queen size quilts and I know how hard it is on the fingers so I can sympathize with you.
    The rain is supposed to arrive here today and settle in for the forecasted future. Well, I guess it is what it is. We had some beautiful days this past week.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may have been rather mopey but that quilt is looking fabulous. Love your quilting! I only hand quilted a few quilts in the early days of quilting but remember the toll it takes on your hands. Hope the weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting is making the Wedding Ring quilt even more gorgeous. I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great projects--progress shows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed with all that you get done. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this sounds horrible but I would like some doom and gloom when I can stay home and enjoy it rather than drive in it. I love rain and cloud cover, living in Florida it is just so bright all the time.

    ReplyDelete