Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday Felines

 

The only thing we did in the kitchen yesterday was put the shelves in the corner cabinet. Not because I am at the putting in shelves stage but because we got tired of tripping over those particular shelves that were an awkward shape. We decided to give ourselves a break on the tile until Monday. I've got a laser level on the way and we decided just to wait for it. We've tiled without one before but since this tile will be the first thing anyone sees when they walk in the front door we thought we better take the professionals advice and get one. 


In the meantime I spent the day wrestling with this kitty fabric so I could use it for the backing when I sandwich the memory quilt.



Since the sewing room is piled full of all the doo dads from the dining and the living room I had to drag all my stuff out into the kitchen mess in order to have enough room to lay it out. There were a lot of bad words said. It's bad enough doing this sandwiching thing when you've got space and it's another thing when you are falling all over boxes and piles of flooring and tile. 



Then I had to find a space for the Juki and then clean and oil it.  I fought with getting the tension right for a very long time. I'm still not happy with it but I gave up. By then I was too tired to even start working on the actual quilt. That adventure's for another day. 







6 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy!! Love the kitty fabric for backing - that will be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe all that you accomplish with your house torn up. I would probably give up on crafting out of frustration but you continue to make beautiful things. That kitty fabric is perfect.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kitty fabric! Enjoy the kitchen break

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backing fabric is great for the quilt with kitties in the blocks on the front. I admire you and the Mister for tackling the remodel by yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you have one cabinet ready to go! That is progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the kitchen done will help you on so many levels....
    Won't it be good to get that quilt done!

    ReplyDelete