Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Turkish Delight

All through the Tour I said some pretty bad things about my Turkish spindle. It was too heavy and wobbly. I was definitely not feeling the love.

In a fit of frustration one night, I pulled it apart and went ahead a plied it just to get it over with. After all, I had started this project in August of 2010 and I was pretty much over it.


As soon as I started to ply, I remembered why I wanted one of these in the first place. I am holding the camera with one hand and trying to ply with the other here-but you get the idea. It all rolls off like magic. With two hands going, you can really fly though it. In case you are wondering, that's not me in the background talking. I was watching 4 Weddings and forgot to turn the sound down.

Unbelievably, I got to the very end of the ball without a snag or a tangle.

 Here is the cute little skein's official Day 21 mugshot along with the other FOs of the day. I am not anxious to start spinning anything else on it as the Russian is so much easier and can hold so much more, but whenever I need a small skein of something plied in a hurry, I know what I am going to use from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment