Monday, July 16, 2012

A TdF Break: One More From Daddio


I'm still spinning in the morning but in the afternoons, I've still been quilting with Daddio. This is his latest creation. It is actually his first Dresden Plate quilt but somehow the blocks got buried in the stash avalanche so we are just getting around to putting it together. I am tickled with the border on this one because with no advance planning, the squares lined up perfectly-the second time I sewed them on. There was a lot of initial ripping of the border and the sashing but I am happy to say that it all came together in the end.

This is a true scrap basket quilt as it was made up of lots of odds and ends we had bought from different collections. This makes quilt top number 5, I think. There may actually be more but at this point, I have lost count.

2 comments: