Sunday, July 1, 2012

TdF: Liberation Day

I just have to break into my planned TdF posts because today I am free! That is my Maryland State teaching certificate going out in the trash. It expired 7/1/12.

Now there is no turning back. Thank goodness. Being a retired teacher is much better than being a teacher. I am very grateful for that little piece of paper that I worked so hard for-but it's time to let it go. From where it's at now-it can't tempt me anymore.

 After all, who wants to go to work when you could be home doing this all day?

Here are my official Day 1 TdF mug shots that I posted in the Peleton and in Team Yarnspinner's Tales.

It's not much to show for a day's worth of spinning but I had lots of drama to deal with yesterday because of all those nasty storms. I feel like the guy who had the broken bike in the time trials. I was spinning but not getting anywhere.

5 comments:

  1. How did you fare in the storms? We got through pretty well, although people north of us (Glen Burnie) and people south (Annapolis area) had TONS of damage and some friends are still without power. So thankful here as our house is surrounded by large trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fared pretty well with just minor debris to be picked up. Daddio, not so much. He is still out of power and is staying with us for the duration. My kids in Virginia got hit really hard. Lots of trees down, no power-they are some pretty miserable people right now.

      Delete
  2. COngratulations! You'll love retirement, I think you already do! As a former teacher/principal, I do not miss my other life at all, as much as I loved it back then.
    Your fibre looks yummy and I can already picture the wonderful hat you'll be making out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to hit my retirement stride but now it's all good. I do get some pangs now and then because I do miss working with the kids but I don't miss the rest of it!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your freedom, and your wheel!
    Now you'll have all the time, to do what really matters ;-), eh?

    ReplyDelete