As if I don't have enough going on around here trying to keep up with the TdF, out of nowhere I got a bee in my bonnet to redo this unfortunate February Ladies Sweater in hope of getting something I might actually consider wearing. Don't even ask me why I am thinking about sweaters in this record breaking heat. I must be nuts.
The body fits but the puffy short sleeves have to go. I had seen several
nice examples walk by me at the MDSW and vowed then and there to figure
out how to fix this thing. On a quiet Sunday morning, I took a deep breath and frogged one lace sleeve. So far so good but I still have to figure out where I am in the pattern.
After reading some project notes on Ravelry, I also eliminated the underarm lace pattern repeat by decreasing the cast on stitches from the body a little at a time. Hopefully that uncomfortable poof and underarm bunchiness will be gone. I still have tons of this yarn so I can make full length sleeves instead of the bell sleeves in the pattern. I may even go down a needle size or two as I go to make the sleeves even more fitted.
I wear some pretty crazy get ups but an almost 60 year old in a baby doll top was just too awful-even for me.
That's a pattern I go back and forth on - some days I love it - other days - not so much. Love the buttons on yours!ReplyDelete
I love that sweater, but I'm glad you're changing the sleeves. I think straight sleeves would give it a more mature look.ReplyDelete