Friday, August 9, 2024

Well, Hello Debby

 

The mid-Atlantic was happy to see a much calmer Debby make her way up here. We needed the rain and the break from the unrelenting sun. 




Look what happened to my hydrangea blooms. They went from buds to brown overnight. Everyone's did. 





My hostas look like mid-October. Even they got burnt up. 





I may be changing my tune if she decides to get much worse but for now I'm going to enjoy the respite from summer. I know her worst is most likely not over but I'll take what I can get at this point.





And....it's also this one's birthday today. She showed up in 1983. Again, no math. There's a point where counting the years is just no fun anymore. 










9 comments:

  1. And yet again, I have one born in 1983 so I know exactly how old she is. Two of our kids are the same age!
    I hope Debby doesn't get any worse for you. I'm sure enjoying our cooler weather here today and tonight.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 2-3"inches of rain predicted from Debby today, along with a tornado watch. We need the rain but not any tornadoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is nice to have adult children now, though isn't it. Especially when you love them for who they have become! Glad the storm is just bringing clouds and rain and not damaging winds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet photo of the birthday girl! Cooler temperatures arrived in Wyoming yesterday: I welcomed the cold front from Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe! Was it the sun and heat that did that to the hydrangeas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the drought. It was a very dry summer which is odd here. We usually get a lot of thunderstorms this time of year. Even Debby didn't bring us much rain I'm sad to say. We could really use it. It all seems to push north, right around us.

      Delete
  6. NC was so glad to see Debby go! I have never seen such heavy rain for so long. We had 6.5" in twenty-four hours. Hope Debby does not cause any problems for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering how much of Debbie is going to make her way here - we've had a super wet summer.

    ReplyDelete