It was spun from this fiber that I washed and dyed myself but I can't remember what it was or when I did it. It looks like egg dye to me so that might be a clue.
I had a horrific time getting the plying going. It's a 3 ply chain deal and nothing went right. It was all so wrong I just had to laugh at myself for the sheer clumsiness of the operation. I'm not sure why but the hands and head took a while to get going. The wheel wasn't being very cooperative either. It's not the one I usually ply on and I think that was part of the problem-which is a good an excuse as any.
I did it. I figured out how to turn the Tracery into a vest. I think.
Those lines are a steek. It's where I am going to cut it up the front. The problem is that I am in the place where I have to add two more for arm holes and at the same time start decreasing for the v neck. All the math was to figure out where those things should be while at the same time keeping the design going where it should go. Not easy.
Ta dah....here is one of them. There is another on the other side. They don't look like much but hopefully they will help me turn this tube into something human shaped. Hopefully.
During last week's heat wave I treated myself to some new cooler tank pjs from you know who and they showed up today in the mail.
I ordered two pairs. I got one pair and this. The Mister and I had a big laugh. The hand is for scale. I've never seen one this big. It was well stuffed as well. Golly. It's on its way back, of course. I want my other pjs.
I also got this special delivery from Betsy's sweet granddaughter. I sent her some of the leftover babyshower soap and it looks like she liked it. Thanks Piper! I love it. I think I see a future artist in the making-and I've got a degree in art education so I know what I'm talking about.
The extra upstairs bedroom is where I go to hide away from the world when I need a break but it is also where I park the toys when I have company over for the holidays.
Right now I have to climb over all the wheels and the loom to get to my comfy chair in the corner.
I did some climbing yesterday because I am still too lazy to put everything away and clear up the holiday stuff. Maybe tomorrow.
It was more important to get my hands in some fiber than it was to clean.
To add to my much needed brain break, I also drug out this oldie but goodie. It's a giant lace shawl that is very near completion. I've been working on it since 2008. I've pretty much lost interest in it but right now it will be the cure for a bad case of startitis I feel coming on. It makes no sense to start anything new this close to the MDSW, right?
The only interesting thing happening around here today was some late night knitting on socks. It was a holiday hangover kind of day still full of sick dogs and the continuing saga of MIL funeral goings on. To top it off a stray gust of wind caught my brand new patio umbrella and broke it beyond repair. It wasn't even a week old.
The only bright spot aside from all the leftover cake was this surprise from Karen aka Momolake. She spied this vintage tin advert at a Florida flea market while on vacation and thought of me. It's perfect isn't it? Thanks Karen. You made my day!
Flowers to be arranged. I think I am ready. Bring on the crowds.
Oh, yeah....and lots of new vet meds for The Mister's old doggie who after a 4 hour, $468.00 vet visit yesterday is still not at her best, poor old thing. Sigh. It's always something. Happy Easter and Happy Passover everybody!
I know I was just complaining about having too many socks on the needles but socks are socks and everything else isn't.
Other than socks I have just three things going now and it just doesn't seem right.
I know there is also a giant blanket in a box under the bed that needs work but I don't count blankets. They are supposed to be forever projects. Right now I am torn between starting something new or seeing what it feels like to have nothing on the needles. I wonder how long I can hold out.
Cluck, cluck. I've been a real chicken about this project. I did pluck up the courage to tie it on.
I wound the bobbins.
I got the first three inches of tabby woven and there I stopped. I need to do more homework before I tackle that overshot draft. It's scary.
In the stitching room I've gotten more done. My basket of flowers is finished and I am adding the border.
My little forest had an issue with the count on the last tree. It's in the bin now. I need to come up with a better way to keep count because I am making stupid mistakes. I made a copy of the pattern and am going to go at it with a highlighter as I go from now on. I hope that helps.
I moved this big project to the new Q Snap. It makes a world of difference. I hated that old rickety lap frame. The legs kept falling off. I'm working on the calico cat now. I'm afraid it's going to have some wonky stripes but no one will notice but me.
Finally, I even got a few more rows done on this impossibility. Who would have thought such a little thing would be so hard.