Sunday, December 31, 2017

Silver Linings

 I hate to sound like a broken record but The Mister and I are still down for the count. I got up yesterday and did a bit of much needed housework and then I felt like Bambi on ice for the rest of the day. The Mister, who was feeling much better, decided to help himself to a roast beef and stinky cheese sandwich last night. He then spent the entire night very sorry he did. Bwahahahahah.....sorry, but I told him not to eat it and well, the "I told you so" was mean but at the same time very satisfying.


There is however, one good thing from all this misery. We woke up to this view this morning.


It's not very often that I get to see snow while the Christmas tree is still up and it made me happy. Even better, the outside lights are still up too. I would have yanked it all down last week if I had not been sick and been very sorry for it today.


The one fly in the ointment is that there won't be a big pot of spicy Hoppin 'John on the stove tomorrow to welcome in the New Year. The rice we can do. The beans-not so much.
Happy New Year's Eve!



12 comments:

  1. Get well soon! I've just recovered from flu myself. Hate to be sick on holidays.
    Liana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry this bug is hanging on so long!
    A bit of broth & rice soup is a great idea for you though! Had to laugh at DH's dilemma, too, sounds like my guy-he feels cheated if he has to miss a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two really caught yourself a nasty bug! I hope that the new year brings you good health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh tummy issues hurt. SO sorry. I Do adore rice and can hardly ever have it. Have some rice for me! Oh and some chicken noodle soup. rest rest rest. Enjoy the snowy view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better! I have to say I probably would have eaten that sandwich, too, and would have regretted it as well! Take care and relax into the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better soon. The uckies have got to go away!

    By the way .... I apparently have lost your email address. If you get a chance, could you send it to me when you are feeling up to it. THX.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I hope you both are feeling better soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you both are still sick. What a way to enter the new year. Get better soon.

    Mary S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope some miracle occurs and you feel better by tomorrow. A mother I work with was ill for 7 days with the flu, she was so bad off and unfortunately did not cancel me, but so far so good, no flu here. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better SOON! Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to read that you have been sick at this time of the year. I hope that 2018 will be kind and help you to feel better soon. Recovery wishes for the new year x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending lots of warm healing vibes your way - and a big happy, healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete