Monday, January 1, 2018

In With the New

 The Mister and I were stuck this year on what to give each other for Christmas gifts so we did something weird. On the Friday before, we drove to our nearest Target-which is a bit of a hike from here, and then took turns going in for one hour and doing our shopping for each other from start to finish. We ended up with lots of useful bits and bobs including some New Year's supplies The Mister gathered up for me.


 Later at our local Mom and Pop grocer he found this pretty bottle of bubbly that we were going to drink tonight with our usual New Year's Eve feast.


 We are both better but still afraid to eat anything so we celebrated with black cherry Jello and fat free Cool Whip.



We had planned on going down to the beach last night to see what the big party on the pier was all about but at 18 degrees sitting by the fire was the better choice sick or not. And as for the Polar Bear Plunge today, I am trying real hard to talk The Mister out of going to watch but I think I am fighting a losing battle. Like the ill advised roast beef sandwich, he has to learn things the hard way.
Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Yera my friend! I’m glad you are both better but making wise choices about your food. :-) That sounds like a nasty bug. Hope the Mister decides to stay home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! It is only 3 here this a.m. Stay warm...hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be staying inside, who wants to see almost naked adults jump in freezing water? Well I guess The Mister. Hope you feel fantastic today as your start 2018. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just how the Mister feels. Last year, when recovering from Bronchitis, I'd be on the couch, feeling better, so I'd get up to do something more active... five minutes in, I was totally regretting that decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely abandoned my POLAR PLUNGE ideas yesterday. I googled how dangerous it is just to make myself feel better. I love how you to gifted each other! So many people are sick right now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2018 to you both! So glad you're feeling better. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Happy New Year! I guess watching the PLUNGE is better than participating?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I have to ask. Did the Mister win?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun way to do the shopping!
    The jello looks festive-nice way to go the extra mile when you don't feel well!

    ReplyDelete