Saturday, January 20, 2018

Up and Over

 My pity party is over. Life goes on and I've got things to do. That snowflake table runner is not going to finish itself. All the flakes are done. I made two more yesterday. Now I have to arrange them into something that makes sense. Wish me luck.



 I did some Netflix binge watching and finished one end border of the blanket from hell last night.  I've only got three more border sides to go. Ouf....



 I am finally at the toe of this miserable sock. If this were the first sock I had ever knit, it would be my last. I don't know why I hate this sock but I do and I'm completely ashamed of myself but I'm sure I'll get over it.



 I've been spinning. It's my ultimate stress relief. Thanks again Valerie for the fiber. It's lovely.



Speaking of stress relief, I need to say a big thank you to Karen who sent me this scrumptious shawl. I can't think of anything that would be better to curl up with for a good nap. It is so soft. It was very thoughtful and I am deeply touched by your kindness.



I also need to thank all of you lovely blog friends who have overwhelmed me with cards this week. Daddio would have been so happy to know that his little story is still going on. And as long as I have his many pieced tops to quilt it will most certainly be going on here at The Tangled Web.



The man was a machine when it came to piecing. Up next to be sandwiched is this beauty. One of his last.

10 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Love it all. The shawl is beautiful and such a thoughtful gift. And that fibber you’re spinning is so pretty. How wonderful to have all of the pieced tops form your Dad. Memories are priceless.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt! It’s colors are so cheerful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! That last quilt is gorgeous - bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how memories are often associated with the things we and our loved ones make or have made. Those memories and items are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping your life feels much less stressed wth Daddio in heaven now. You were a devoted daughter to the end. Im feeling relieved about my mom. Im about to enter some murky waters with my father, and I'm already afraid to communicate again, but I feel I must. Wish me luck. I need to watch my boundaries big time

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see you back in business and you are so right about spinning. It's a total stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see you bouncing back, but I think it's great that you took the downtime you needed. There is a lot to process and the brain needs that down time.
    That mosaic blanket never fails to impress me. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful reminders you have with all the projects the two of you shared! Families don't have to be perfect-they have to be appreciated and cared about! You showed us how to do both....
    Beautiful handwork at work to lure you back into stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those projects are going to be wonderful. I treasure my little quilted potholder from Daddio.

    ReplyDelete