Friday, August 16, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

Silly me. I thought I had three empty spinning wheels sitting here waiting for some new projects when what I actually had were those spindle spun singles that needed plying. I'd forgotten all about them. I spend a few minutes with them each morning as I watch the ladies ride through France. 




A new project is going to be these merino nests. I need a couple more skeins of that wonky stuff I spun before to make it a knit worthy amount. I think I'll spin this on the Ashford Traditional this time around instead of the Ladybug. It will be interesting to see the difference. It can't be worse. 





Speaking of wonky, here's the wheel spun cotton I worked on during the TdF. Over spun. Under plied. Halfway through plying it I realized I should have just left it as singles.  Oh, well. I'm anxious to see how this looks woven so I need to get moving on that scarf that's on the loom now and that summer towel I was supposed to be working on but never did. I had so many plans for this summer and the time just slipped away. September is right around the corner. Thank goodness. 










3 comments:

  1. Very pretty fiber updates; I think the cotton will look great in your scarf. I know---I always have such high hopes for projects and it gets so complicated....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spinning projects always impress me! After having a wheel we found in DH's attic, I tried to spin, and now that wheel's a decoration in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what you do with all that fibre.

    ReplyDelete