Thursday, August 22, 2024

The Devil is in the Details

 

You would think I'd be done with the binding on Charming Square but I'm not. I just can't get a long enough stretch of time to work on it. The weather has been too nice for inside things this week so I'm literally going inch by inch on it. 




When I do get a few minutes to myself I want to do something quick and dirty like making a few more of these cute little scrap blocks. Talk about instant gratification.





Ditto for this paper piecing project I started ages ago. I could be working on Dear Jane but making a few pieces here and there on something new sounds like more fun right now. I'm not even sure what this is going to be but I just like playing with all the pretty fabric.





My lack of bandwidth is coming from the weather and the stage we are in with the downstairs. We've got a lot of fiddly work to do and neither The Mister or I are good at this part. Exhibit A is my kitchen that is still lacking some finishing touches. We've got a lot of thresholds to put down, doors to put up and other doo dads to deal with and we're doing everything but committing to actually getting these done. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.








7 comments:

  1. The little scrap blocks are so cute!! The weather has been just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piecing projects ! The break in weather makes us all want to be outside! I like getting the finishes touches done so I am DONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lack of bandwidth" is a sublime phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily I am better at details than my husband is, so I'm often the one to finish things. You'll get the details taken care of someday (or not)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty fabrics to play with. I'm always pushing to get the fiddly stuff done when we do a project. Dennis is like me, he wants things done, now! Sooner if possible. :-) When we move, we usually have pictures and curtains hung within a couple of days. But since I'm never moving again I shouldn't have to worry about it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta enjoy the weather though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did Dave's studio and the livingroom in 2021 - and neither room have any trim yet. We were waiting for the new windows - which got put in last summer. I said to Dave we should get the trim done this summer - it's a good job for when it's hot and gross outside.... but now he wants to wait until the whole downstairs is done do it all at once... HA!

    ReplyDelete