Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

I'm still spending a few minutes every day watching La Vuelta and doing some spinning. The red merino that I'm plying has filled my bobbin and it's getting uncomfortable to add more but I've still got a lot of singles left. I'll have to figure out something. 



I've spun one and half of the wonky merino nests. I'm trying to do a better job this time around but it's still got the thick and thin thing going on.



I made another nest since I'm getting ready to run out. This time I held different colors of fiber in one hand and carded them at the same time instead of adding one color at a time. It doesn't look much different than the others but it did work up more quickly.



The polwarth/silk blend is proving to be a pain. The silk is a bit clumpy. It's got a sheen and a halo I'm not fond of either but I'll keep going. Happily, it's only two ounces that I have to endure. 





 



4 comments:

  1. That red (it looks maroon on my monitor) is really lovely! Silk always sounds like it would be nice to work with, but your spinning results say something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those red singles are plying up beautifully!!!! I find all merino does indeed thick and thin, unfortunately. Just embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are beautiful, but I love the wonky one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red is so deep and rich, it looks almost burgundy! How fun!

    ReplyDelete