Sunday, August 25, 2024

Charming Stars

 

I get up early every morning. Around 5 am. Why? Because I have a kitty alarm clock that goes off then and I can never get back to sleep. The mornings have been chilly so I had The Mister fill up some boxes with wood so I could have a fire on the deck if I felt like it. 



I love to fix a cup of tea and sit out in the quiet.




It was also a good opportunity to take Charming Star's mugshot. It's now a done deal and I have to say I loved working on it so much that I miss it. I'm tempted to start another. 




It's an easy peasy pie pattern that uses charm squares and you know how much I love charm squares. I've got a million of them.




This one was made from the leftovers from a big Disappearing Nine Patch I made for Son in 2013. I had a whole box of leftovers from it but now I don't. One box down. Many more to go. The fabric stash is finally going in the right direction.











5 comments:

  1. Your fire looks so cozy and welcoming. I'd love to join you there for a cup of tea. The quilt turned out beautiful and it models so well by the fire. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful morning ritual. I was picturing an actual alarm clock in the shape of a cat and then thought 'why doesn't she just turn OFF the alarm?" but then I slowly figured it out LOL DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! A cool morning with a warm fire sounds wonderful - sadly, it's too hot here for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice way to start your morning. Charming Stars is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The early morning fire would be so relaxing-a nice start to the day! I never used to wake up at 5am but I do now! lol The quilt is a super finish! We will miss you working on it, too!

    ReplyDelete