Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

It took me THREE tries to get that branch under the squirrel right in the bottom border box of Autumn Patchwork. First I had it upside down and then I stitched half of it in the wrong color. Lots of ripping. I didn't get the lacy edging done this week but I did start another branch just to prove to myself that I can do it.


I only finished two more grid squares on Peter Rabbit and then caught up with some outlying stitches. 



I hadn't done much with Dear Jane all week so I got up early yesterday and worked on them while watching the finals of the women's gymnastics. Four more to go in this row.





As for the floor, we are this far away from the brick hearth around the wood stove so we are getting close to finishing. 



Unfortunately that means a whole lot more of this. I hate doing trim. At least I might be able to get some knitting done on those socks while I'm sitting around all day doing pretty much nothing while The Mister frets and fumes over every little cut.






7 comments:

  1. That's a frustrating thing when you have to keep redoing the stitches. I kept falling asleep last night as I was crocheting. After redoing the same 12 stitches three times, I decided to go to bed! :-) At least you're reaching the finish line on the floor. I can imagine your satisfaction when you look at your house and see everything you and The Mister have done all by yourselves.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching looks lovely and I'm especially impressed with Peter Rabbit. Good luck with the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Peter Rabbit piece will be gorgeous - so many stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The radish on the Peter Rabbit piece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching this week! Peter Rabbit will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching going on! I see Peter Rabbit emerging! I'm sorry I did laugh at the ripping out--it is so easy to make the mistake and it takes so much longer to correct it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope your flooring odyssey is done soon! You got more tiny stitches done than I did - which was a big fat zero!

    ReplyDelete