Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A Bump in the Night

Do you see that? The pencil is pointing to a bump in my knitting. A bump. 


I was knitting along quite merrily late one night when I spied it. You can barely see it but I could feel it and it insulted all my sensibilities. I don't make bumps when I knit but there it was-a bump. I had to rip the whole sleeve out and start it again. It seems that when I picked up the stitches under the arm I managed to get a bump from the top of the cast off stitches in the front of the work. It's gone now.




Since I had no socks on the needles and we had the remnants of Delta sitting on top of us for two rainy days this week I lost my mind and cast on a pair of.....man socks. I had this Arne and Carlos yarn I wanted to try and it was definitely man socks so it just had to be. 



And speaking of man socks, those two at a time man socks also got cast on the same day. All of these are for the 2021 gift box so I think I can survive it. It's going to be long, lonely winter I fear and now I've got some big woolly things to keep me company. 




 

9 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you even saw that bump. But, I would have ripped it out too. I drive Dennis crazy about that. I rip things out that he can't believe. He says no one else will ever know the mistake is there, but I know. And I just can't leave it.
    Good for you in casting on the man socks. I did a Knit Picks order last week to buy more Manatee stroll to finish my shawl. Of course I bought a few more skeins. You can't just order one skein of sock yarn!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally understand your ripping out that bump. When you make something you do know all of the flaws and I'm happy that you noticed it now rather than later! My husband also kindly tells me that no one will see small mistatkes but I only can see through my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bump last night too...and ripped it back...crazy that no one else would know but me:) Wow two pair of man socks I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that bump! sorry you had to rip out the sleeve, but it would have bothered me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for fixing that bump. I would have ignored it, but it would have bothered me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great knitting projects! I feel knitting will save our sanity this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are a perfectionist! I would never have ripped for that tiny little bump. I also can't believe you are already working on 2021 gifts. I'm over here trying not to freak over my 2020 plans. I still have 4 pairs of socks and 2 Christmas stockings to knit in Oct., 2 sweaters in November and 3 shawls, 1 cowl and 4 hats and gloves in December and somewhere in there, I need to fit in an advent something for Hayden. I think I might be jealous of your schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand the rip out-why not get it just right or it would bug you! the TWO pairs of man socks are ambitious and a bit crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bye bye Bump and don't come back! You've got the cast on going!! yes!!!! Mojo? Check!

    ReplyDelete