Friday, December 1, 2023

December

 

I got up at 5:30 yesterday so I could make the most out of the last day of November. I got the fall placemats finished-and packed away until next year. 




I also finished Number 24 so I'd be ready to start this year's Arne and Carlos advent KAL today.



It now joins its advent siblings. It took me 2 years to finish this KAL and it was a lot of fun. I'll be putting them on the line today even though I don't have hangers for the last four. I had to order more. I'll have to figure something out.





Speaking of Arne and Carlos, I treated myself to an early birthday present and bought their new needle collection. There are 3 circs and a pattern for a cowl. I really need a new cowl and I also actually do need the size needle that are included. I have a million size 1 and 2 circs but nothing much bigger than that.




As for that wood, I didn't get too far. I spent the morning vacuuming and scrubbing the floors on both levels and then had to get groceries and walk the dog. When I got back I did three big loads of wood in the wagon and called it a day. I didn't make a dent in that big pile but I wasn't going to kill myself. I'd like to see my 70th birthday that's coming up in a couple of weeks.  


 









8 comments:

  1. Those sweaters! Oh, how I love them. I filled Piper's mini-stockings today for her advent adventure. She's actually spending the weekend with us. So she'll be able to open her first three days with us. :-) Mandy and Brad are flying to Portland, OR for a surprise birthday party for a friend.
    I think you got a lot done between the cleaning, dog and wood pile. Way to go!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Advent sweaters are adorable. Congratulations on that HUGE project finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Advent Sweaters are top notch! They will look so nice all hanging together - congratulations!! What is the new A&C KAL that starts today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweaters! If you have any paper clips hanging around you might be able to fashion a hanger from them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you can say that you knit 24 sweaters in just two years! Congratulations on lots of great accomplishments, and good call on the wood pile. Enjoy your time with Arne & Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The placemats looks great and the sweaters are just adorable! I'm hoping to get my placemats quilted this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your advent sweaters are just awesome!!!! The placemats are beautiful and will be wonderful to pull out next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you got a lot done!!! The advent sweaters are stunning! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete