Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Making Merry

 

It's always a challenge to make Christmas seem special when it's just the two of you. Fruitcake for breakfast was my way of starting the day off right. 



After breakfast I finished the Advent stocking and gave it a soak while finishing my holiday listen. I listen to Winter Solstice every year and never get tired of it. 




The Mister put in the last piece of the Santa puzzle around noon. He did most of it this year.




I watched the KC Chiefs game only because I'm a big TS fan. I've never watched a football game in my life but I've watched the last three she's been at. I just wish it would have had a better outcome for her and her sweetie. 





After our leftover dinner we lit the new Solo Stove for the first time. 




No smoke as promised. Just a big beautiful blaze. Now I need some deck furniture I can sit on so I can enjoy it. 



We ended the day with a drive around town to see the lights. I can't even begin to show you how lit up everything is. If you can wrap it in lights, it's been wrapped in lights. I bet you can see the town from space. 




Then there is this house. Every square inch is covered just like in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I have no idea how they did this but I would like to see them taking it all down. 







6 comments:

  1. Fruitcake for breakfast sounds perfect! We've never had the ambition to put up too many lights but I appreciate others' displays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your town likes to do it up BIG!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of lights on that last house! I've been eating Nanimo bars for breakfast since Saturday! Lol - Only a couple more to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though your Christmas was a great one. Wishing you a happy Boxing Day too.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see a big light show! Out here we have very little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you made your day very special! The lights are so pretty and that last one, outstanding! The solo stove is pretty cool--you can get lost on Amazon looking at deck furniture-just ask me! lol

    ReplyDelete