Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Special Deliveries

 

We had a very different kind of parade through town the other night. 



The Clydesdales came to town to deliver cases of beer to our local pubs. 



Watching them pull the wagon down the street was quite a sight. 




They made a loop through town and then ended up on the boardwalk. We followed along-or should I say I hobbled along.



When they stopped at the Visitor's Center they were swarmed. The police had to move people back. To their credit, they were very good with the crowds and all the noise. 




Pup was not so good with the crowd so we lurked from behind the Christmas tree while The Mister pushed his way into the front to get some up close but very blurry photos. 
It almost made me want to have a beer....but not with this sick tummy. It will be a long while before alcohol in any form crosses its path again. I think it was the boozy eggnog that did me in this time. You'd think I'd learn.








8 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I would have loved to see that (would not have loved the crowd though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun and different parade! I do hope you feel better soon. Eggnog sounded pretty good to me (I haven't had any in years) but now not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I've always loved the Budweiser Clydesdales. They look like gentle giants.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Clydesdales are really amazing aren't they? Such beautiful horses.

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Clydesdale teams are impressive up close. My great niece’s husband works at the Fort Collins Budweiser plant, so I’ve seen some of the teams in their barn. Gentle giants, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Clydesdales! I grew up in St. Louis and would visit the farm where they lived at the time during foaling season. No crowds, no lines, no promotion, you could just park a car on the side of the road and look over the fence at the horses. My guess is that is no longer the case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are under the weather--the parade looks very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete