Monday, December 18, 2023

An Annual Pilgrimage

 

The last thing I wanted to do yesterday was get up off the couch and walk around for a few hours but we meet Daughter at this holiday nursery every year and this year Baby Grand had an appointment to meet Santa so off we went.



This run of the mill nursery becomes a holiday wonderland right after Thanksgiving every year. It's room after room of surprises. This year did not disappoint. 




Baby Grand has developed a thing about trains and this place has the biggest train display I've ever seen. 




Nobody is very interested in the plants this time of year so Pup and I escaped the little kids and the crowds and strolled among the rows and rows of poinsettias. 




The singing reindeer were kind of scary. Fake critters that flap their jaws have scared me every since the Nestles dog, Farfel, snapped at me through the TV back in the 50's. 





Baby Grand, although rather unimpressed with Santa, had a good time. In a giant space filled with shiny, eye level glass objects he was very well behaved. 





Pup on the other hand was not having a good time. She had to spend the day in her stroller getting squished by our purchases. They have a big pet section and I came away with lots of treats for the critters plus pretty things for the tree if I ever get around to putting one up this year. 



We always take a yearly selfie here before we head home. I snapped this one just as The Mister realized the little illuminated North Pole yard display sign I was admiring had a $700 price tag. The place is spectacular...but it sure ain't cheap. 
















9 comments:

  1. Such great pictures, especially the one of you two. The Mister's face is hilarious! :-) I think that nursery is one we went to went Mandy lived in Edgewater. Do you think it could be? I remember the train set up because Piper was fascinated by it. I loved all of the trees, but you're right. Everything was very expensive. I sure wish I had known you lived so close. We could have met!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surely the one. Very close to Edgewater, right up the main road 214. They also have llamas in the field outside.

      Delete
  2. That sure does look like a beautiful place - and one where I could get lost and spend a fortune!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely nursery! I would love to visit sometime, but I don't think I will drive two hours to be tempted by some expensive offerings. I take it you didn't buy the $700 North Pole sign? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No and I couldn't imagine who in their right mind would. Although there was a $350 polar bear that was tempting...lol.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a beautiful place. (The Mister should do a little math for us. Now that he knows how much those yard decorations are ..........pick one of those horrendously overdecorated yards and start calculating. It would definitely open our eyes I think. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know crowds aren't your thing but it is a wonderful day with family and an annual selfie is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing! I love those market thingees.And the babe is so adorable looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a wonderful place to spend the day. But, I too would be in the plant section away from the people!

    ReplyDelete