Friday, December 29, 2023

Packing It In

 

Those of you who have been following me for a while are probably surprised I kept the Christmas stuff up this long. I thought I might last until New Year's seeing that I just put it up a few days ago. 


I can blame the rain and the mud. It's warm out. Too warm. We could hold a mud wrestling match in the foyer. 




I needed some breathing room so it all got packed away. I enjoyed every minute of it.  




Due to the weather I did not do a major cleaning event afterwards. No sense in that but I did tidy the place a bit. Goodbye Santas, see you next year.




And.....look who came to visit. My handsome vulture baby stopped in for a meal of some leftover cat food. I always have leftover cat food it seems with my finicky bunch. I haven't seen any of the vulture family in ages. The white deer also came through the woods yesterday morning but again-no photo. I'm just not fast enough. 








7 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I may start putting Christmas decor away tomorrow or Saturday. I always like to have the house back to normal by New Years to start the year off with a clean house. I just can't decide whether or not to leave the snowmen out for another month or so. We'll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. lol
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long, Christmas; it's Vulture Visitation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see your vulture baby back!

    I usually wait until New Years too - but I'm thinking of packing everything away tomorrow. MIL has been here since the 20th, and leaves today. I think a tomorrow clean-up might be just what's needed to make my home feel like mine again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. It was time to put the Christmas stuff here away too. Of course, it doesn't take long. I don't have much. It all fits in one little shoe storage box. I left the window candles up. I think we still need a little "light" in the evening.

    Wishing you, the Mister, and Pup a very happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a lot of people who take the decorations down the day after (or so), but that always does surprise me a bit. But a lot of those people put them up close to 11/1 so I can kind of get it. We have only had them up for a few weeks so we'll take them down New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Christmas stuff is staying up at least through New Year's Day! Half of our family was in Vietnam for the holiday, so we need to celebrate Christmas and New Year's as well as 3 birthdays all at once! Hopefully the travelers will be back in our time zone soon as they just got home today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just telling my daughterinlaw about your 'pet' black vulture when she had several soaring overhead when we were in her yard! lol

    ReplyDelete