Thursday, December 21, 2023

Deck the Halls

 

No. Not my halls. My Big Grands halls. Mom and Dad had work commitments yesterday and no babysitter so I filled in for the day. 



Since I don't like to drive in the dark I drove to Virginia the day before and spent the night. I got to join in the celebration for DIL whose birthday it was. Oldest Grand has his birthday today.



The boys sent their mom this gorgeous flower arrangement. 



The next day the Grands and I did some art projects. We decorated their staircase.



We made a hand wreath. Something I always did with my class back in the day.



We played games. 



And....when I got home The Mister had the Ikea toilet brush tree set up. So today, if things stay calm, I might get it decorated. 







8 comments:

  1. Your big grands tree is gorgeous. Love all of the lights. The cake looks so pretty too, I wouldn't want to cut it. It does look like the grands and you had a good time making crafts and playing.
    And now you get to decorate your own tree. Yay!!!
    I knew you'd get a kick out of that photo on my blog. So funny. I immediately thought of you.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty fun day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fun time doing some of the Christmas crafting I miss. I hope your toilet brush tree is sporting a few decorations the next time we see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It had to do you good to be with the grands and make memories!!! Their tree is superb! I love the crafts you made with them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a pretty great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ITs me, Kathyb! I cannot wait for a grandbaby. None on the horizon. Wanted you to know that i am : @usedtobeirisheyesknitters on INstagram.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the garlands! I'm so glad you make crafts with your grandchildren--I hope others do too!

    ReplyDelete