Monday, December 11, 2023

A Real Heel

 

Boy, have I been humbled this week. You think you know it all and then you come up against something like a toe up heel. My poor old brain kept reverting to what I know from leg down socks and it created a real mess. I had to watch several tutorials to get what amounts to a very sloppy gusset. You can't really see it in this photo but it's there. Trust me. It will be very obvious in all it's glory when I get a few more days worth of the leg done. 



On a happier note, here is one of the baby Grands at the White House yesterday. A parent of one of Daughter's skating students is in charge of the decor department there so Daughter and family always get an invite. It really is a wonderland for the kiddies this year. 




Speaking of Daughter's students, one of her adult students works in the doll designing industry. He gifted her this Movie Barbie for Christmas this year. I wish he could see what became of her original Barbie. 




If he had he probably would have gifted her the weird one. Like a lot of little girls, Daughter had a thing about cutting her doll's hair and drawing all over their faces. 






5 comments:

  1. You're right. I don't see anything wrong with the sock. :-) I have tried so many times to do toe up socks but my brain can't handle it either. I always end up frogging it and and doing a cuff down sock.
    What a fun thing for your little Grand. Every time we were in DC visiting Mandy, we were unable to go to the White House for one reason or another so I've only seen it from the outside. He's one lucky little guy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stocking you're knitting is a beauty--learning a new heel is good for your brain! lol The pic of your grand is sweet. The contrasting Barbies is very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ..... little Grand at the White House. Who knows ..... maybe he could LIVE there some day.

    I kind of like daughter's weird Barbie although I have to say, the gifted one is very, VERY pretty and I'm not even a Barbie fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the Barbie doll. Your KAL stocking looks very nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the White House decorated for the holidays, it always looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete