Thursday, November 30, 2023

Wood Work

 

On this last day of November I'll be out doing yard chores. Yesterday I got the last of the leaves up. The trees appear to finally be bare.



At least I hope they are the last of the leaves. There are a few pretty stragglers here and there but nothing the wind can't take care of and we've had plenty of that. 




What made it so much harder this time were these guys. I don't know what they are or where they're coming from but there's like a billion of them all over the place. Half of them are in my house and when you step on them they hurt. 




I was feeling pretty good about everything I accomplished....until, against my better judgement, The Mister had a truck full of wood delivered. You know he's not going to be hauling it all around back on our unlevel ground with that knee. That would be me today. Sigh......







6 comments:

  1. I don't know how you get so many things done. And that is a LOT of wood to haul. I remember doing that at the house in Spokane. It would be dumped in the driveway in the front of the house OR we would have to go pick it up, load it in the truck and then unload and haul ir all the way around the house to the far side of the yard where it was stacked next to the fence. Yikes! You are a trooper! In the condo we have a gas fireplace and I love it.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling good that you had tackled the last of the leaves until I scrolled down and saw all that wood. I wish you the best in hauling it to where it needs to be. Be careful with your back (and the rest of you)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to enjoy stacking wood but not that much all at once! The yard work sure does make you exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the upside to that is ..............you'll be getting a good arm workout. Hope you day is as pretty as ours to at least make that part good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - seeing a pile of wood like that gives me PTSD. When I was a kid, we'd get a load every year and it was up to all of us (Mom, Dad, brother and me) to split and stack it. Dad did most of the splitting, and since I was the smallest and youngest, I was stacking and gathering and organizing the kindling... I do love a nice wood fire, but I don't miss stacking wood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone in your neighborhood has an ash tree: I filled bushel baskets of those seeds from two trees in front of my house. The seeds do indeed hurt when you step on them in stocking feet.

    ReplyDelete