Friday, November 3, 2023

Leaf it to Me

 

I have such an interesting life anymore. Not. After a morning of complete mayhem with the mower I finally got the leaf catcher thing off and just blew all those leaves into big piles so I could rake them up. The leaves were too thick for the catcher and I kept having to stop and disconnect the thing and clean it out. It was a day of back breaking work-and I'm not nearly done but you can see grass again in some places. It made The Mister very happy. He owes me BIG time. 



What I had wanted to do today was unpack the soap supply shipment that just came and get it all sorted and measured out so I could start the soap making process. That didn't happen. I got done with the leaves just in time to give The Mister his first real shower since his surgery and then do 5 loads of laundry-and cook dinner. Sigh.



And....in my poll of favorite scents we have a WINNER and it was..........Persephone's Kiss? That was a BIG surprise. Three Wise Men was a close second followed by Comfort and Joy. All the rest of the votes were spread out among the other scents and that's a very good thing. That way they'll be plenty to go around-if I ever get around to making it. Hopefully I'll have the rest of those leaves up today and have the whole weekend to MYSELF.




 

7 comments:

  1. I'd still say to hell with the leaves...and just leave them there. Eventually they will disappear one way or another. LOL Hope you can find your "me time" over the weekend - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a whole WEEKEND to yourself considering all THAT work. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend ALONE would do you good! lol great job on getting the grass to show up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job dealing with the leaves! Both you and the Mister will be glad to have that job checked off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave feels your mower mayhem pain - when the snow hit, we hadn't had a chance to clean up the leaves on the driveway yet. They weren't super thick, but they were enough, with the wet, heavy snow to make blowing much harder than it usually is... it's all melted now too. He probably could have just left it for the day, but I'm notorious for slipping on ice, so I'm glad he didn't

    Persephone is my fave Greek character - Goddess of the underworld, AND green and growing things??? Talk about goals!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! That is a great job with the leaves. (I always thought it would be fun to have a riding mower.) I think you deserve a fun time this weekend playing with soap.
    Dennis' surgery went well yesterday although they had a difficlt time waking him up. We were there a LOT longer than planned. He now has a big cast on his hand, again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The leaves here are so wet it's even hard to blow them! Good job on doing yours! You do deserve a reward. Have fun doing the soap; you are so good at that and lots other crafts as well!









    T

    ReplyDelete