Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Small Town Drama

 

I had to drop The Mister off at therapy at 11 yesterday and when Pup and I went for our walk this is what we found. 



Every year the tree in the middle of the boardwalk magically appears but not this year. After therapy we grabbed some lunch at Subway and got a front row seat.




They blocked off the road and brought in a big crane to set the top on. It was very exciting. 





All that's left to do now is the put all those decorated panels on. When we go back on Thursday for his morning appointment it will all be done. The official lighting will be on the day after Thanksgiving. That's always a fun event.




Back at home I got to see how that second loaf of Avocado and Hemp turned out. It's...okay. I've made worse. Trying to get fancy, I poured it too slowly and all the layers of color bunched up. It looks like a sonogram..lol. At least it came out of the mold this time. 




Lavender and Sage went in the mold yesterday-with the liner. I just dumped it into the mold as fast as I could without thinking too much. Sometimes that's the best way to do it. We'll see. 




And......I need to thank the senders of these two amazing thank you cards. You know how much I love cards and these will be going in my permanent collection for inspiration. That reminds me....I've got Christmas cards to make. So much to do. So little time. 









5 comments:

  1. I thought the first photo showed some kind of playground equipment! A Christmas tree is much better, especially with a crane. I never realized that there was so much to soap making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to get a picture of the tree all done! I bet it will be gorgeous. And your avocado soap looks nice to me. Hard to believe that we are mid-month (already!) and that Thanksgiving is next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been fun to watch! I love Christmas decorations. The season seems to be leaping towards us on fast forward this year.
    Such pretty, pretty soap. Love the colors.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see how the soap adventures play out! The tree structure is interesting--aren't you glad you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people work behind the scenes to make our holidays magical. I’m glad you were able to see the tree being assembled.

    ReplyDelete