Saturday, November 25, 2023

Comfort and Joy

 

On Wednesday while everyone was cooking and cleaning their houses I was making soap. Lots of soap. I was not happy with Comfort and Joy so I remade it first. 



I dialed it way down this time. Less color, less fragrance. It's much better. Except for that eggplant color that always turns grayish. I keep using it and I keep getting disappointed. I really need to find a better dark purple. 




Then I used my tall and skinny mold to make some Double Butter Face Bars and...... 




.....I took another stab at the vanilla bars I've been experimenting with.




The Double Butter Bars turned out just fine. No ugly ring in the middle. 




The vanilla is not the vanilla I am looking for but it's not too bad. I'll keep trying until I get it right. I don't know why I am so obsessed with this vanilla powder and trying to get a fragrance that works with it but I am. This one is not Oatmilk and Vanilla. It's just Vanilla with goat, yogurt and buttermilk. It's a bigger bar too. It was a 36 ounce pour instead of my usual 34 ounce. At the last minute I decided to add some sweet almond oil to the batter and I got a nice fluffy top out of it. It's also a very interesting hanger swirl. It kinds looks like kitty butts, right? 











6 comments:

  1. Now Debbie, I never would have thought of kitty butts, but now that you've said it you can't unsee it! All of the soap looks excellent toady. I can't get enough of the tops you make.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought exactly the same thing - kitty butts with their tails sticking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These soaps are beautiful! I love the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see kitty butts in the last photo, but the first reminds me of a 1960s mod dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a very successful day on Wednesday. All of the soap looks beautiful to me. I was thinking cat tails as soon as I saw the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have lots of talents! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete