Thursday, November 9, 2023

You Can't Win Them All

 

Will you just look at that? I had high hopes for Comfort and Joy but what I got was some butt ugly soap. The bar on the left is one of the little end cuts that I use for testing. It seems all the color went to the two ends and not in the middle where it's supposed to be. I've got five bars of that hideous white thing on the right. 



I'm so glad I took a picture of the pour so I could see that I did indeed pour the soap colors the way I usually do. What IT did after that was all on IT. Naughty soap. I would remake it but to tell you the truth I am not wild about the scent either. It smells like a rather harsh apple cider/mulled wine combo. Lots of clove. Not a fan.




I didn't have much time to mourn my fail because yesterday was one of those all go days. After dropping The Mister off at therapy, Pup and I took a long walk on the water. 




Back at home I had leaves to battle. It took me about three hours to get it down to grass again. Don't tell The Mister but I had a good time doing it. The day was beautiful, the leaves are dry and light and I had fun riding around on the mower using it like a big blower to herd up those leaves so they could be raked away. 




Later that afternoon I gave Winter Wonderland a try. I did something totally different this time with the colors so I will make no predictions on the outcome. I will say that it smells heavenly.









5 comments:

  1. Sorry the soap didn't go as planned, but the new stuff looks great. Love the color.
    I'm glad the weather is cooperating with you to get the leaves all picked up. We're having gorgeous weather too. I wish it cold stay all winter. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "white" soap still has pretty edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pup is just too cute! Look at that doggy smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter Wonderland looks great! Our leaves here are way too wet to rake. Yesterday was nice though but I wish it would have stuck around. As for the other soap, at least you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day of accomplishments! the yard looks so neat-I know it won't last but you sure did a right smart job of it!

    ReplyDelete