Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Wednesday WIPs

 

Look! Knitting for a change. It's just the same old, same old stuff because I'm still on the one row a day thing. It's all I have time for so there isn't much progress to be seen. 




I did break the rule for Number 23 for a while but I'm back to slogging on the neck. The necks always bore me. Even at this snails pace I'm pretty sure I'll be on Number 24 in December. 




I also broke the rule on the Big Gray Blob. It's got two sleeves now. It's time to pick up the front bands and I'm scared to death. I'm no good at it. No good at all. 




The first Riddari sleeve rarely gets even one round finished but somehow it is growing. 





I keep to the one round rule strictly on Bon Amie so I don't make mistakes. You can't see it because the darn thing curls up but I finished another pattern section and am finally on the part where I have to put in the steeks for the arm holes. 




Down in the soap room things are going nicely. Three Wise Men looks better than I thought. It smells nice too. 




Cooking in the incubator is Comfort and Joy which came in at #3 in the soap poll. Nothing went terribly wrong with this pour so I have high hopes. We'll see tomorrow. 










6 comments:

  1. Your knitting is gorgeous! I can't believe how complicated some of your patterns are. I just downloaded (free on Rav) a pattern for a headband inspired by Riddari. I have a bunch of leftover Lopi, so I think I can make it! Glad you are having fun with soap again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many projects going on that it makes me dizzy! Eek! Steeks! You do that without a thought but don't like to pick up button-bands? I can't believe you're no good at that. You can do anything craftwise. One talented lady for sure. The soap looks really nice. I can just imagine the smell in your soap room from all of the yummy scents.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you’ve tried this before when picking up stitches - place a removable stitch marker every inch and then determine how many stitches you need to pick up in that section. It makes it easier to have the stitches evenly spaced and to reduce the gaps that can be troublesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all wonderful knits! Love Bon Amie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have an update on the knitting projects--love to see the progress. The socks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete