Friday, November 10, 2023

Back in the Game

 

After all the leaf raking on Wednesday, yesterday was supposed to be an easy day but as usual, it was anything but. Instead of complaining, I'm doing a happy dance because Winter Wonderland turned out just as I hoped. I wanted icicles and I got them.  After the Comfort and Joy fail I was beginning to doubt myself. 



In a brief moment of early morning calm I was very happy to have finished Number 23 and it now joins its mini advent siblings. Onto Number 24.





My plan for the day was to plop The Mister down in front of the TV and actually do some sewing but instead I ended up doing a Walmart pickup because our Motrin and Tylenol were expired and The Mister is weaning himself off the prescription pain meds. On the way I took the recycling and the trash to the dump. I had a giant pile of boxes to break down because all I've been doing is ordering stuff since The Mister's been down and out. 




One of the things I ordered was this cute little cat hut for our Mommy cat. 




She's our last remaining outdoor kitty, the mother of all our indoor kitties and she's very old and feeble now. We inherited her and her four kittens twelve years ago from a neighbor who passed away very suddenly. I had her spayed but I don't think she ever forgave me for it so she keeps her distance. I worry about her being out in the cold but she will only come in for a few minutes every morning to eat and then she screams like I'm killing her to get back out. 




I had bought the cute little comfy hut and put it on the front porch so she would get used to it. My plan was to put her electric heating pad in it and put it in her big weather proof kennel but she loved it so much on the porch in the sunshine that I bought her another one just for the hut. I spent the afternoon drilling a hole in the back of the new one for the cord and then putting it in the hut. None of that was much fun because it was almost 80 degrees and I was covered from head to toe in my bug suit. There's too many creepy crawlies still awake out there for me right now and after the awful mange adventure I never take chances. 




Yesterday's soap adventure was Mistletoe and I decided to use a photo of what a mess soap is while you're working with it. It was so hot that I didn't put it into the cooler I use to keep it warm. I've been getting some serious glycerin rivers from the soap getting too hot so it's staying on the table all night. It may take more than a day before it's hard enough to cut so it's going to be a long wait to see if this is another win or a another fail. 










7 comments:

  1. Pretty soap! I can see why you did the Happy Dance. Have you made hangers for your mini sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter Wonderland looks lovely, but the real beauty is that Momma Cat - she is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, pretty soap. It looks exactly like a Winter Wonderland. I hope Mistletoe turns out the same.
    I love your tiny sweaters too. You're SO close to having them all done. You've had so much patience with them and I've enjoyed watching them appear.
    You take such good care of your kitties. Not many people would do the things you do for them. Especially Mommy kitty, a cat who doesn't even let you near. You're a good person, Debbie.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you must be a busy person taking care of everything around the house, fixing cat huts, making soap, procuring things from Walmart, going to the dump, and still having enough patience and fortitude to knit tiny sweaters! Mama Cat is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy cat reminds me of our Ginger. Those little sweaters sure are cute; will they hang on your Christmas tree? The Winter Wonderland soap looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soap success! The winterization begins even if it still feels like summer!

    ReplyDelete