Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

This is all the stitching I have to show for the week. I did finish the big turkey and started the mound he'll be standing on. 



I'm still not getting much done craft wise thanks to this guy. The good news is that he's now hobbling his way into outpatient therapy three times a week so I can catch a breather. 




Pup and I stroll over to the boardwalk while we wait for him. We got to see the town workers setting up the Christmas stuff. 




I tried to get some knitting done but Pup was all go. I don't blame her. It's been ages since she's been out for a decent walk. We went all over town. 




Back at home I got to cut Persephone's Kiss. Not bad. It's kinda busy but still better than I thought it would be since experience has taught me that the more I fuss with the soap, the worse it turns out. 




I said I was going to make more of Persephone's Kiss if it turned out but I was too anxious to try some of the other new scents. This is Three Wise Men which came in 2nd in the poll. I was going for something majestic and regal but I picked up the wrong gold mica and it turned to muddy brown. 




I did give it a generous dusting of the gold I was supposed to use before I put it to bed in the incubator. It's going to be another long 24 hour wait until I get to see how this one turned out. It's going to be interesting. 









6 comments:

  1. It's too early for Christmas decorations! Let's have Thanksgiving first. The soaps are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors on Three Wise Men.

    Christmas decorations were already up in TWO towns we drove through on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soaps are always so pretty.

    A few people in town already have their Christmas decorations up - I don't think the town puts anything up until December though. The stores are certainly in full Christmas mode!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soaps you have made this month are all beautiful! I really am amazed at how much you get done with the other responsibilities at this time. Glad you could soak up the sun on a walk with Pup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to see your new soaps! It must be nice to see some sun; it's been super rainy here. We needed it though, so I can't complain too much. It's odd seeing Christmas decorations around along with Halloween stuff. It almost seems like Thanksgiving gets forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when you are on a soap roll!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete