Sunday, November 26, 2023

November Finishes

 

Ta da....the giant Regia man socks are done.....




....as are these itty bitty Felici lady socks. I used the smaller of the size 1 needles for some odd reason and they came out pretty tiny. 





Here's my grand total for the year. Nine pair in the gift box and one pair that I made for myself last summer. Ten pair is not too bad. I was going for 12 but considering the year I've had it's a wonder I got any finished. 




There won't be anymore socks on the needles until January. I've got to finish Number 24 and......




...the Big Gray Blob first. 




The problem is that I have to have some travel knitting because sometimes I sit in the car for a long time waiting for The Mister to get out of therapy. Pup and I usually walk for the hour and then head back to the place in time to pick him up but last Friday I sat 45 minutes after pick up time waiting for them to get done. If I hadn't had those man socks with me to finish I would have lost my mind. None of my other projects are very travel friendly so I guess that Riddari sleeve is going in the bag for any knitting emergency that may arise. 



4 comments:

  1. Nine pairs of socks is fantastic Debbie! I made seven this year and thought that I was doing well, but I just can't keep up with you.
    I don't have any travel knitting on the go right now either. I wasn't planning to make the kids socks for next year because I thought they have plenty for now. However, when Alex and "T" opened theirs they were both so excited. Alex said that he looks forward to them every year so I guess I'll keep going for now.
    Number 24 is coming along well. Almost one sleeve done. Yay!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great number of socks for this year--I didn't do well at sock knitting at all! I love the socks on the bottom right of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent sock finishes! You finished more than I did this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a terrific batch of socks! I think it's necessary to be prepared and have emergency knitting with you at all times.

    ReplyDelete