Thursday, November 2, 2023

Making November

 

I spent the morning yesterday putting away all the Halloween stuff away. I didn't get too far with Jack this year but I did get some of the background filled in.



I also dug out all the Thanksgiving stuff. I've got the same deal going on with Mr. Turkey as I had with Jack. I have to fill in all around him with the dark brown.





While I was down in the craft room I remembered I hadn't finished my Inktober project so I did a few days I hadn't gotten to. I was working on the Beast for a few nights. I really wanted to get that one right but everything here is rush, rush rush. I don't get a minute before I've got to be doing something else for somebody or some critter. 





And don't mention the leaves.......The Mister is having a fit about them but I just don't have the energy. I did sweep off the sidewalk and the deck but that's all I'm committing to right now.




And......if The Mister could do a happy dance right now he would have been doing one when I brought in the mail yesterday. Mary sent me a box of See's candy and he's a BIG fan. He had a co-worker that used to bring it in to work and he loves it. Thanks Mary! You made a grouchy old man (who's really struggling with this knee thing) very happy






6 comments:

  1. See's candy! I had never heard of it until we moved to Spokane. Now there is a store here in Omaha too. I agree with the Mister, it's SO good.
    I like your turkey and hope you're able to make some progress with it, but, I really like your Beast. You are a fantastic artist. I can't draw a stick figure.
    Dennis's surgery is early tomorrow morning so I better get myself off to bed. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate makes EVERYTHING a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate always helps! The hooking isn't as much fun when the focus part is finished but the turkey background will be a good mindless project to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you show the rug hooking it makes me want to run out and buy supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crow on top of Jack is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects. Hey, there was just something in our newspaper that said to leave the leaves where they land because it's good for the environment. Hope Mister shared some of those goodies with you!

    ReplyDelete