Friday, November 17, 2023

Catch Up Day

 

Thank you for all your well wishes for Pup. She's back to her regular self behavior-wise but her tummy still hasn't quite caught up. This is the face she's giving me for keeping her on a strict diet of boiled hamburger and rice. She's not happy. She loves the hamburger and rice, she just doesn't understand the small amount in her bowl.



After 24 hours with no sleep the night before, I would have been right as rain yesterday except that Mommy cat decided to sleep in the house Wednesday night. The first time ever. I was shocked. So shocked I couldn't sleep. I had to check on her all night to see if she was okay. She was and woke me up at 6 am to go back out. You can't figure out a cat. 12 years of insisting on only being outside and now she wants in. Go figure. 




Taking the day off on Wednesday only lead to an overload of things to get done yesterday but I did get Persephone's Kiss cut and on the curing rack. Much better. It's a delicate scent and it needed a delicate colorway. I like it. I had so much to do I didn't have the time-or the energy to make any more soap. I have two loaves of unscented I still want to make but today I have to tackle the leaves again. Good times.


7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Pup is better. Lizzie makes the same face when she has tummy upsets. Mandy makes her boiled turkey and rice and like you said, she loves it but it's never enough.
    Hope the leaves cooperate for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get the leaves taken care of as easily as possible. It's always my most disliked fall task, but that's before the dreaded shoveling in winter. I'm also hoping you get a good night's sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear Pup is on the mend. That is a mighty pretty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Pup is doing better! (even if she is feeling deprived!) Our older cats made some weird changes we still can't believe! Glad the night went well so if she does it again, you can sleep okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😎 You amaze me! You accomplish more in 1 day than I do in 1 week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear pup is on the mend. Mama cat is so pretty! And so it your soap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That soap is lovely! Cats are hard to figure out, aren't they? Glad Pup is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete