I only managed to get one little yellow pair of overalls and a little star finished on the birth sampler this week. I had other fish to fry.
Instead of stitching I got the bug to sort and cut up that big bin of material I had just inherited.
Dad's lady friend's Daughter asked me to incorporate this piece of material into whatever quilt design I decided to make for her. Her mother had made her a dress out of it years ago. The motifs are really big for a quilt but I had an idea.
I fussy cut the small butterflies and some other small motifs I found on different material that otherwise wouldn't be suitable.
Dad's lady friend was not a quilter so most of the material was used for clothing or home decor. It was hard to find a pattern that was going to look right with such randomness going on. I watched scrappy quilt You Tube videos all night. I decided on a simple postage stamp block to let the material speak for itself as it is very vintage and rather fragile. I am still determined to use just what's in the bin so it's going to be interesting.